BCiTool Customers and Privacy
Why Register BCiTool Freeware?
BCiTool freeware tools are provided as-is, with no oblications on the part of the developer or the user, so ... No, you do not have to register them. However, I would appreciate it if you could quickly register each one that you do use on a regular basis. (The pay-for tools have a separate registration process.)
What registering does do ...
- Importantly it helps me direct my programming efforts towards
- those areas that are most useful to TurboCAD users
- versions of TurboCAD that are in common use
- You will be added to a database and receive occasional emails
- when the registered product is updated.
- and when other BCiTool products are updated/released, and other BCiTool news.
- All emails will having a working 'opt out' link.
- For the purposes of the freeware tools, your registration will be indexed on your email address - so send me a real one.
If you don't feel comfortable sending your working email address - don't bother registering.
What registering does not do ...
- Your email inbox will not get spammed out of existence. It's actually illegal for me to do that where I live*.
(* Spamming became illegal in Australia on 10-April-2004.)
- Your details will not be sold or passed on to any other party.
The Process takes about fifteen seconds of your time ...
- Each freeware tool page has a Register button
- Click it and it will open a preformated email message
- Edit/Fill in details and click Send
- You should receive a reply email in 24 to 48 hrs
Why does BCiTool collect User Information?
BCiTool maintains a small user database for generation email lists, used for example when announcing new or updated products. The database is also used for confirming and re-issuing lost keys/registration details, and so forth.
The information is not and will sold or transmitted to any other organisation.
What User Information does BCiTool collect?
When you register a freeware product, you are asked to supply your name, versions of TC you have on your computer, and your News preferences. Your email address comes from the message you send in the registration process.
With pay-for products, BCiTool also receives your 'shipping address' as part of the payment process as arranged by the third party payment gateway. The third party payment system ensures that BCiTool never sees your credit card details, let alone stores them anywhere.
All email correspondance is also maintained in a non-database form for reference purposes.
Security & Correction of Information
All user information is held offline in a PC, though the PC is regularly connected to the internet behind a firewall. But when you consider the nature of the data, the probability of a) a hacker/thief gaining access to the access data, and b) then finding it of any value to them would be remote.
If you wish to view and/or correct your personal information held by BCiTool, just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Note however that correspondance is only possible using the original address registered with BCiTool (procedures can be arranged to change the registered address, though only via the original address).
© 2004 Bell Cracking Pty Ltd, Australia. All
No parts of this web site may be copied without the permission of the author.